dol·lop || 'dɒləp n. shapeless lump, glob; small amount v. spoon a quantity of something; serve in large shapeless quantities

English contemporary dictionary. 2014.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Clotted cream — A tub of clotted cream, showing top crust. Origin Alternative name(s) Clouted cream, Devonshire cream Place of origin …   Wikipedia

  • dollop — 1. noun a lump, scoop or considerable quantity of something. 2. verb To apply haphazardly in generous lumps or scoops. She dolloped a generous quantity of mustard on her hot dog …   Wiktionary

  • dollop — noun informal a shapeless mass or lump, especially of soft food. verb (dollops, dolloping, dolloped) add or serve out in large, shapeless quantities. Origin C16 (denoting a clump of grass or weeds in a field): perh. of Scand. origin …   English new terms dictionary

  • dollop — 1 noun (C) a mass of soft food, usually dropped from a spoon (+ of): a large dollop of cream 2 verb (transitive always + adv/prep) informal to drop a mass of soft food onto a surface: dollop sth onto/into: May dolloped the mixture into the frying …   Longman dictionary of contemporary English

  • dollop — informal ► NOUN ▪ a shapeless mass or lump, especially of soft food. ► VERB (dolloped, dolloping) ▪ add or serve out in large shapeless quantities. ORIGIN perhaps Scandinavian …   English terms dictionary

  • dollop — n. & v. n. a shapeless lump of food etc. (dolloped, dolloping) (usu. foll. by out) serve out in large shapeless quantities. Etymology: perh. f. Scand …   Useful english dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.